After undergoing tooth implants surgery in Sydney, you should have a soft food diet for 5 to 7 days. During the soft food diet, you can have cold liquids, since it will allow proper clotting to take place and reduce your discomfort. It is very important to avoid using straws to drink liquids since it may allow the liquids to pass over the surgical area. You should drink plenty of liquids and take at least 2 glasses of water for every pain pill.
Also, it is important to continue to consume healthy foods, since your body needs energy to carry out its basic processes. However, this doesn’t mean you have to eat baby food or to blend an entire meal in the blender. You can consume a variety of soft foods to achieve this goal; talk to your dentist for specific recommendations after the surgery. Few healthy diets tips are mentioned below.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Most fruits are soft and if you feel some of them to be hard then you can puree them in a food processor to make them soft.
- Berries, ripe peaches, and pears are some of the softest varieties of fruits you can consume after undergoing dental implants in Sydney.
- For an easier option, you can opt for canned fruits and applesauce as they are already softened for you.
- Soften the vegetables by steaming or boiling them. Also, you can make mashed potatoes or mash a bunch of different vegetables together for obtaining a healthy food.
- Since it can be difficult to consume meat on a soft-food diet, you need to find other foods that provide protein in your diet.
- Eggs are soft foods that are packed with the basic nutrients. Omelets and scrambled eggs are easy ways to add additional ingredients to your meal. You can also mix milk, chopped vegetables, and cheese into the eggs. The vegetables will soften as the eggs cook.
- Fish and beans are the other protein options, which you can have it with rice and vegetables for a complete meal.
- You can try small cubes of cooked meat into soups until they are very tender.
- Cooked cereals like oatmeal, oat bran or cream of wheat might be your best option from the grain group. When cooked completely these cereals are extremely soft and if you would like, you can add cinnamon, berries, or vanilla to the cereal.
- Noodles, rice, and grits are other soft options in this food group.
- You can also try eating soft bread that isn’t toasted. Add almond or peanut butter to the bread for a more complete meal.
- It is essential to include dairy in your diet after tooth implant treatment in Sydney, since most dairy products are already soft.
- You can opt for soft cheeses like Brie or melt harder cheeses.
- Yogurt is also a healthy option and you can use an abundance of fruits, vegetables like spinach and kale, milk and yogurt in smoothies to obtain multiple nutrients.
- Make a milkshake by blending milk, ice cream, and fruit for a treat.