Dental Implants are an excellent option today for missing teeth problems. With its high durability and permanent nature of resolving teeth problems, dental implants are a viable cost-effective option. The factors that impact the cost of dental implants include the following:
- The cost of dental implants offered differs from one dentist to another. The quality of treatment offered by specialised dentists is also comparatively higher than general dentists. Be warned about inexpensive pricing, as they do not guarantee the quality of implants offered.
- For creating a connection between the crown and the dental implants, dentists will make use of abutments. Usage of abutments also determines the total price of dental implants. Customised abutments are also available today, which are fabricated using different materials. Some popular ones include those made with Zirconium and titanium.
- Dental implants require enough bone density to support them. If a patient doesn’t have enough bone mass, dentists will compensate for it using bone grafting process. Bone grafting is a complex process that would be performed multiple times before the implant treatment is offered. This determines the overall cost of implant treatments.
- Until the permanent dental implant is offered, patients are provided with temporary crown. With the usage of such crowns prior to implant procedure, the end results are positive.
- The number of missing teeth also determines the extent of treatment required and the corresponding costs involved.
These are the common factors that estimate the overall cost of dental implants. Dental implants are worth investing, as they give out long-term results that last for years.