Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth. Why are dental implants often the first choice and a standard of care compared to other options to restore missing or damaged teeth? Here are some reasons.
- Dental implants in Melbourne look and feel like your own teeth and improve your appearance. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Dental implants reduce the load on the remaining oral structures/teeth by offering independent support and retention to crowns, bridgework and over dentures.
- Loose fitting dentures can be replaced with improved support, stability and retention with implant over dentures.
- Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favourite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you restore your self-esteem.
- With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. But dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Dental implants will preserve bone and significantly reduce bone deterioration that results in loss of jawbone height.
Sydney dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%. With proper case, implants can last a lifetime.