Are you feeling shy and insecure about your missing teeth? Regain your confidence with dental implants which are ideal for replacing missing or badly diseased teeth. Dental implants are the perfect and most natural looking restoration option to recover your beautiful smile. Here are the complete guide for procedure and cost of dental implants in Sydney…
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are screwlike anchor which are used as an artificial replacement for natural tooth roots. The dental implant materials are made of materials such as titanium which are compatible with the human body and so the implants have been used for decades in both upper and lower jaws. By attaching to the gum tissue and jawbone, dental implants provide a stable base for artificial replacement teeth such as dentures, bridges and dental crowns.
What are the procedures for dental implants?
The dental implant treatment follows a three-step process that includes,
- The dentist places the implant into your jaw and then inserts a screw to prevent debris from entering. This will take 3 to 6 months for the implant to fuse with the jawbone, and at the same time the gum is secured over the implant.
- The implant is uncovered and an extension is attached which is called as post. Once the gum tissue is healed, the implant and post acts as the foundation for the new tooth.
- Finally, the dentist makes a crown which suits best for you by considering the factors including size, shape and colour. When this process is completed, the crown is attached to the implant post and now you can enjoy your beautiful new smile.
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants have proven to be the safe and effective solution for replacing one or more missing teeth for over 30 years. The materials are compatible that work well with the human body and so they serve as a strong and safe foundation for teeth replacement.
Are there any risks, pain and side effects involved?
You can expect mild pain and discomfort immediately after the dental implant surgery which can last up to a week. But, the side effects are rare and can be easily treated. This can include:
- Nerve damage
- Injury to other teeth or blood vessels
- Sinus problems if upper-jaw implants bulge out into sinus cavities.
While completing the healing process, you may feel painless and comfortable. Your dentist will prescribe medicines to avoid pain and infection. These pain killers can help you to manage the pain.
With proper care, your dental implant will last a lifetime. Maintaining good oral hygiene is important for preventing infection around your dental implant. Dental implant cost in Sydney is affordable; hence make sure to visit your dentist frequently for cleaning and maintenance.